Build Specification Tiny House Scotland
Sorry but the build specification at Tiny House Scotland is a thing of great secrecy …. you will certainly be able to find out about my Build Specification in detail (if that’s your thing!) once you are a paid up customer, but not before then!
“Why NOT?” I hear you ask. Well one reason I don’t publish it any more is because it has never been an issue with the customers who actually visit and see the quality of build at Tiny House Scotland. The second reason is that it prevents other less scrupulous builders who just copied it to regurgitate as their own.
I mean you wouldn’t expect chef Michel Roux Jnr (my doppelgänger according to my sons!!) to tell you his secret recipes would you? Sacré bleu!
Suffice to say:
- all framing timber and sheathing is structurally rated
- everything is built beyond most residential standards and bears no comparison with sheds, glamping pods, shepherd’s huts etc….
- I do not use OSB sheathing
- I do not use MDF or chipboard
- all wood based materials are FSC certified
- no corners are cut…other than those that actually needed to be rounded!!
- everything is hand built by myself to ridiculous 0.5mm tolerances (framing) and 0.1mm (cabinetry)!