How to Order your NestPod
What do I need to think about before ordering my NestPod?
- Make sure you have somewhere to park it!
- Make sure you have access to a vehicle capable of towing 3500kg (you could hire someone to move it when you need to).
- Decide whether it will be on-grid, off-grid or a hybrid - research the realities of these options to see what you can really live with.
- Consider a Consultancy Visit to the NestHouse Prototype to discuss in detail (refundable against build)
- Check permissions for the site - if you will be living in it permanently you WILL require Planning Permission.
- Choose the size and configuration of your NestPod and commission Tiny House Scotland to start building.
- It can be complete and ready to furnish or fully fitted out to specification with bespoke furniture.
- Pay the deposit.
Payment Terms for Ordering a NestPod from Tiny House Scotland:
Payment terms for all builds are :
5% pre-build Deposit - To secure a future workshop slot in the queue - non-refundable paid by bank transfer only.
75% payment on commencement of build.
20% balance due and cleared prior to handover ex-works.
This is applicable to design and build only - any other elements such as delivery or installation will be dealt with separately.
You may also need to budget for:
Site purchase unless you already own the land.
Site preparation or services required. Possible planning and building warrant services.
Renewable technology systems - solar panels, battery systems etc.
Delivery of the NestHouse to site. Any connection/installation on site.