How to Order your NestHouse
What do I need to think about before ordering a NestHouse?
- Find somewhere to put it! Check with us for site delivery access requirements.
- Decide whether it will be on-grid, off-grid or a hybrid - research the realities of these options to see what you can really live with.
- Consider a Consultancy Visit to the NestHouse Prototype to discuss in detail (refundable with build).
- Check permissions for the site - if you will be living in it permanently you WILL require Planning Permission.
- Choose the size and configuration of your NestHouse and commission Tiny House Scotland to start building.
- It can be complete and ready to furnish or fully fitted out to specification with bespoke furniture.
- Pay the deposit.
Payment Terms for Ordering a NestHouse or NestPod™ from Tiny House Scotland:
Payment terms for all design and building work:
To secure Future date bookings in the build queue: £500 pre-build Deposit. Non refundable.
Design and build Contract:
• 5 weeks prior to build slot - a deposit of around 5-10% depending on any long lead time materials required - eg. trailer or chassis (less any pre-build deposit or previous consultation or survey fees).
• At build commencement a payment of around 65-70% (depending on amount of deposit).
• At handover a balance payment of 20% due and cleared prior to handover ex-works.
NB. I reserve the right to invoice design and build time, should the project be cancelled at any stage.
You may also need to budget for:
Site purchase unless you already own the land.
Site preparation or services required. Possible planning and building warrant services.
Renewable technology systems - solar panels, battery systems etc.
Delivery of the NestHouse to site. Any connection/installation on site.